4,238,983 Records Compromised So Far in 2014… and Counting2014 has been a year of technological advancement, but with any kind of advances such as these, there will always be those who want to steal the work of others. According to the Identity Theft Resource Center and , as of March this year, there have been 204 instances of data breaches this year alone. These affected companies are perfect examples of why web protection is important. Vision Computer Solutions can provide you with this protection and peace of mind. Here are a few of the more unbelievable breaches, most of which could have been easily avoided. Poor Security is Bad for Your Health Late data entry can be catastrophic, and nothing shows this better than the data breaches related to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Over the past few years, more than 169,000 instances of exposed personal information were detected. These include:
- 25,513 at the Department of Medical Assistance Services in Virginia.
- 22,511 at Cook County Health & Hospital System.
- 18,000 at Terrell County Health Department in Georgia.
- 84,000 at St. Francis Patient Care Services in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- 10,024 at Missouri Consolidated Health Care.