Your Title Company Needs Support From The Right IT Company
There’s no denying that the real estate industry is extremely competitive. The market is temperamental, and any small factor can make or break a sale; as such, margins can be worryingly thin.
When you deal with those types of challenges on a daily basis, do you really want to be worrying about your IT as well?
How Does Your Title Company Rely On IT?
- Communication: You need your IT to communicate with clients. Phones, email, IM and more can be highly effective ways to stay in touch and share information – but only if they’re supported and responsive.
- Compliance: Complying with the CFPB requires you to manage, track and secure your data. How can you expect to do so with faulty IT?
- Efficient Processes: Your clients expect a smooth and quick escrow process. The better your IT is working, the more effectively you can handle funds transfers and other key processes in the real estate world.
Why Does Your Title Company Need Better IT Services?
There are plenty of reasons why you should consider investing in a better form of IT services:
- You can’t work: Whether it’s a slow server that won’t let you access shared company files or a buggy email client that leaves you unsure whether your messages are actually being sent, when your computers aren’t working, you’re not working.
- You’re paying for short-term fixes: Poorly maintained computers will often need quick fixes, handled by local repair shops for one-time fees. The problem is that while the hardware may work when you get it back from them, there’s no guarantee it’ll last for long. That means there’s no way of knowing how quickly you’ll have to go back to that same shop and pay for it to get fixed again.
- Your clients are unhappy: If you can’t work as quickly or as effectively as you should be, it’s only a matter of time before that affects your real estate agents’ experience. And there’s nothing worse than having to face an angry client and tell them that it’s because your computers aren’t working right.
3 Advantages Your Title Company Can Gain With Better IT Services
1. Eliminate IT-Based Delays
Downtime is bad for business. The true cost of downtime can be summed up by a simple equation:
Downtime = Lost Revenue + Lowered Productivity + Cost Of Recovery + Ancillary Costs
What does that mean?
- Lost revenue: While your systems are down, current and potential clients can’t use your services or buy your products.
- Lowered productivity: In today’s modern business world, employees can’t get very much done without technology.
- Cost of recovery: How much does your local IT guy charge per hour to come fix your systems on short notice?
- Ancillary costs: You never know how many potential clients you may turn away during downtime because your website won’t load.
The point is that downtime is extremely expensive. Furthermore, unplanned downtime is incredibly unnecessary. Businesses now heavily depend on their technology. That increased reliance on mission-critical applications and 24/7 access to data, make high availability a top priority for IT. Managed IT services companies will help make sure that uptime, security, power, and redundancy requirements are met.
2. Plan Your IT Effectively
As your company grows, your IT needs grow as well. If you’re “flying by the seat of your pants”, then do you really think that your IT will keep up with your company?
It all starts with a plan. Your company, and the technical infrastructure it relies on have to be ready to grow when needed. This means software, hardware, and anything else you use to get work done.
Keep in mind that new service offerings often come with significant upgrades or new software. Your IT company can provide the flexibility you need to change your products/services or add new ones when required.
3. Access Expertise
Keeping an IT environment running smoothly does require constant attention and the availability of highly-skilled staff. By taking advantage of managed services, you can eliminate the burden of finding and retaining talent with all of the necessary skills.
In the end, managed IT services are valuable not because they fix your IT problems, but rather, they stop the problems from occurring in the first place. A combination of expertise, experience and attentive support (like that offered by Vision Computer Solutions) keeps your IT systems in optimal condition.
Like this article? Check out the following blogs to learn more: