Microsoft 365 Security Best Practices
Chuck and Brian discuss the top 5 ways to keep your devices and data secure while using Microsoft 365.
1. Password Security (02:16)
Keeping your data safe begins with these password best practices:
- Create complex passwords with different characters.
- Have a rotation of about 5 passwords.
- Third party sign-on applications are a great tool to help create complex passwords.
- Do not have repeating letters or numbers within your password.
2. Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) (04:15)
What is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)?
Multi-factor authentication implements multiple check points to verify identity while logging into an account. Since hackers are less likely to be able to provide various forms of verification, this is a great way to eliminate security breaches.
3. Email Forwarding (07:00)
What is the correct way of setting up email forwarding?
- Consider disabling users from enabling their own forwarding rules.
- Hackers setup email forwarding rules to spy on user emails.
4. Internal Security Training (10:08)
Security awareness training
- Have your internal team simulate phishing emails to current employees. This can be a great way to view if additional cybersecurity training is needed.
- Determine your high-risk users (C-level executives).
5. Protection against Malware and Ransomware (15:13)
- Microsoft 365 Advanced Threat Protection.