Which Microsoft Plan is Right for Your Business?
With Microsoft recently changing their subscription bundles, it can be difficult to decipher which plan is best suited for your business. Join Brian and Chuck as they discuss the differences between Microsoft 365 Business Standard, Microsoft 365 Business Premium, and more.
How do you choose between Microsoft 365 Enterprise & Microsoft 365 Business? (02:41)
Begin with the amount of users your business has. Microsoft 365 Business is typically great for businesses under 300 users. Microsoft 365 Enterprise is often suggested for businesses with over 300 users.
What is included in the Microsoft 365 Business Basic (formally Office 365 Business Essentials) Bundle?
Microsoft 365 Business Basic includes:
- Exchange Online (Microsoft’s email platform).
- Access to Microsoft OneDrive.
- Microsoft SharePoint and Teams.
An important factor to note is that Microsoft 365 Business Basic does not include advanced security functionality.
What is Included in the Microsoft 365 Business Standard (formally Office 365 Business Premium) Bundle? (4:30)
- The installation of Microsoft 365 Business Standard in 5 separate devices, per user.
- Includes all functionalities of Microsoft’ 365 Business Basic bundle.
The biggest advantages of the Microsoft 365 Business Standard are the additions of Microsoft Intune & Microsoft Azure.
What is Microsoft Intune? Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based service that focuses on mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM).
What is Microsoft Azure? Microsoft Azure is Microsoft’s public cloud computing platform.
Some features of Azure includes:
- Azure gives you the ability to do a remote wipe of any device. This is a great advantage if devices are lost or stolen.
- Ability to manage Windows Defender malware and antivirus.
- Automation applications.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise Plan (12:51)
Key features of Microsoft’s 365 Enterprise plan includes:
- Microsoft’s Enterprise Plan is typically suggested for businesses with over 300 users. However, this bundle can be a great solutions for smaller businesses as well.
- 50 GB mailbox.
- Advanced security.
Microsoft 365 E3 and E5 Plans (16:00)
Microsoft’s 365 E3 license includes:
- All Microsoft applications .
- The installation of the E3 license in 5 separate devices, per user.
- Increased email storage.
- Microsoft Meetings for conference calls.
- A key addition is the custom security restrictions that can be assigned to each individual user.
Microsoft’s 365 E5 license includes: (19:25)
- All the benefits of the Microsoft 365 E3 license.
- Voice capability.
- Power BI Pro.
- This is a great feature to gather data from your database to help make more informed decisions for your business.