What Should You Consider When Moving to a New Office Location?
While moving into a new office location is exciting, it can at times be a daunting task. Join Chuck and Brian as they discuss how to properly move into your new office location.
What Should You Consider When Moving to a New Office Location?(02:29)
Key Questions to Answer Before Moving Into Your New Office Space (04:15)
- What is the desired layout of your office?
- Will you be working with a design firm or designing the space in-house?
- Were in the building would you want to have your team?
- What technology must be included in each conference room?
- Do you know the state of your building’s security?
What Does Your IT Staff Need in Order to Be Successful? (06.32)
- Consider an open floor plan to accommodate your growing team.
- Allow the layout to reflect 7-10 years of possible growth.
- What Are Some Things to Consider When Planning Out Rooms?
- Do you need space for one-on-one meetings?
- Do you need space when meeting with a client?
- Are multiple collaboration areas necessary for your staff?
What Technology Should Your Conference Room Include? (10:46)
- Consider what is the goal of the conference room? As well as, what will the conference room be used for?
Your Office Building is A Great Recruitment Tool When it Comes to Hiring (15:00)
Where do I Begin? Start with Your Floor Plan (15:34)
- Check to see if your office is already wired for what you need.
- Consider network drops and power outlets.
- Do You Need a Server Room?
- Is the space properly cooled?
- Is there enough air circulation in the server room?
- How do you reduce noise in a shared office space?
- What are some benefits of The Cloud?
- If you are properly setup in the cloud, you have less infrastructure to worry about.
The Importance of A Great Wireless Internet System (20:55)
- Do not sacrifice your wireless system. This is the most important component of a successful business.
What is the Physical Security of Your Building? (23:00)
- How are you controlling all access points?
- A fingerprint system for door locks should be greatly considered.