Using Timeslips For Your Law Firm
Attorneys who want to compete in today’s technology-driven environment need up-to-date software solutions that meet their unique requirements. Finding the right firm management software is crucial. But, it’s often perplexing trying to decide which one to choose. In this article, we highlight the features and benefits of using Timeslips.
Timeslips is one of the oldest timekeeping and billing software programs for law firms. It’s been used by lawyers for over 25 years. It makes it easy to capture more billable hours, accurately track expenses and bill your clients.
What Benefits Can You Experience Using Timeslips?
Sage Timeslips is an easy way to keep track of your billing statements and client payments. It’s also easy to learn and use. It will help you capture time quickly and accurately for greater productivity and increased profitability.
Timeslips offers simple bill creation and seamless payment tracking and improves billing access. Sage Timeslips’ reporting displays critical information to help you make better decisions.
Timeslips provides simple reporting capabilities:
- More than 100 pre-defined reports
- Create custom reports
- Generate detailed summary task reports
- Intuitive report wizard for guided report set-up
Easy Account Management
Your firm will benefit from complete account management:
- Easy entry of bill payments and transactions
- Integrates with popular accounting software
- Define your rules and time periods to fit your business needs
- Choose from pre-defined accounts receivable report
Easy Expense Entry
It provides smart time and expense entry:
- Pre-populated account entry
- Automatic time capture
- Customizable, client-based task and expense lists
- Voice-to-text data capture
Intuitive Bill Generation
- Simple drag-and-drop customization gives your bills a professional look and feel.
- Industry-standard billing formats with access to industry-standard billing codes like LEDES 98B and Litigation Advisor 1
- Watermark for draft bills
- Supports multiple billing arrangements
Integrate With Other Software You Use
You can integrate Timeslips with 20 software packages, such as Sage 50 Accounting, QuickBooks, Microsoft Outlook, Time Matters and Amicus Attorney. Some of its features include Automatic Time Capture, 100+ pre-defined reports, calendar sync, customizable reports and a real-time dashboard. Web-based time and expense capture are also available.
Use Timeslips on The Web
Sage Timeslips eCenter gives in-house and remote computer and mobile device users the ability to generate time and expense slips over the Web. It’s an add-on that should be purchased separately.
Use Timeslips with LawPay
LawPay by Sage helps you collect payments faster and safer online. It gives you a simple, secure way to accept online client payments through Sage Timeslips. Developed specifically for law firms, LawPay correctly separates earned and unearned fees and protects IOLTA accounts against any third-party debiting.
Is Timeslips Right For Your Law Firm?
Up-to-date software solutions are a must if you want to keep your firm from falling behind. But choosing the right law firm management software to meet your needs while still leaving you room to grow is much easier said than done.
If you’re unsure of how to proceed with firm management software, you can always get in touch with our software advisors.
If you found this article helpful, there are many more on our Learning Center. Here are some examples of what you’ll find.