4 Ways to Encourage Professional Growth Among IT Professionals
1. Create an Effective Training Plan
What does an effective training plan look like? (02:40)
- Training for each employee should look different because everyone responds differently to learning.
“Employee training is an investment for your company.” (06:25)
2. Consider Using IT Specific Training Software
Pluralsight, is a great IT certification and training software option. (07:42)
- Some benefits include:
- Tracking your employee’s engagement
- The ability to assign individual training courses
- A robust training library (Java, C++, & more)
- Leadership training courses
- Microsoft contributes to training courses
- Proficiency scoring
3. Encourage your team by implementing books that reflect your company culture
How do books help with company culture? (14:25)
A few great company culture books that we use at Vision Computer Solutions include:
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg (15:38)
- The Go-Giver is a story about the power of giving and how that provides value to any business.
- The Compassionate Geek by Don Crawley (17:19)
- This is a great resource to learn about the value of great customer service.
4. Create a One-Year Plan
When should you start planning each employee one-year plan? (18:36)
What does a 1-year employee review look like?